Medicare Tips and Tricks
Pay attention to Medicare Enrollment Periods and deadlines. Most importantly, Medicare Open Enrollment starts October 15th and runs through December 7th.
Fraud and identity thefts increase this time of year. Be vigilant!
- Protect your Medicare number
- BE AWARE there are no “early bird” deals when enrolling in Medicare
- Check your Medicare Summary Notice (MSN) by visiting your Original Medicare claims on MyMedicare.gov
- Report any suspicious activity to 1-800-MEDICARE
Medicare Part A and B offer home health care coverage
In order to receive this offer you need:
- Doctors Order & Certification of Medical Necessity
- In need of homebound care
- Access to a Medicare home health provider
What’s covered in Medicare home health care?
- Skilled nursing care
- Social services (counseling)
- Equipment (wheelchair, walker)
- Physical Therapy