Medicare Tips and Tricks

Pay attention to Medicare Enrollment Periods and deadlines. 

Most importantly, Medicare Open Enrollment starts October 15th and runs through December 7th.

Practice CAUTION!

Fraud and identity thefts increase this time of year.  Be vigilant!

  • Protect your Medicare number

  • BE AWARE there are no “early bird” deals when enrolling in Medicare

  • Check your Medicare Summary Notice (MSN) by visiting your Original Medicare claims on

  • Report any suspicious activity to 1-800-MEDICARE

Medicare Part A and B offer home health care coverage

In order to receive this offer you need:

  • Doctors Order & Certification of Medical Necessity

  • In need of homebound care

  • Access to a Medicare home health provider

What’s covered in Medicare home health care?

  • Skilled nursing care

  • Social services (counseling)

  • Equipment (wheelchair, walker)

  • Physical Therapy

Our biggest Medicare Tips and Tricks

Understand Medicare’s preventive care benefits — and take advantage of them.

Original Medicare (Parts A and B) covers an annual wellness visit as well as some preventive screenings, such as mammograms and colonoscopies. These kinds of services can help catch health problems early when they’re usually easier to treat.

Plan yearly health care expenses.

Medicare costs vary widely for individuals based on their situation and the type of coverage they have.

Original Medicare generally covers 80 percent of a person’s Part B expenses, which include services such as doctor visits and lab tests. The individual is responsible for the other 20 percent, with no annual limit on out-of-pocket costs.

Take advantage of cost savings on prescription drugs.

Using home delivery pharmacy benefits can be one way to save money — not to mention trips to the pharmacy. With some home delivery pharmacies, you can order a three-month supply of medication at a lower cost than you would pay if you got the same supply at a local drug store.

If you prefer to pick up your drugs at a retail pharmacy, check to see if your plan has a preferred pharmacy network.

Consequently, switching to an alternative drug that’s cheaper than a drug you’re currently taking can be another way to save on your drug costs. To see if this is an option for you, ask your doctor if there’s a generic drug or a drug on a lower tier of your plan’s formulary that could work just as well for you.

Senior Market Solutions - Find The Best Medicare & Medigap Plans

Contact A Licensed Advisor
Call: 1-855-784-9649